Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Born of the Spirit


Why does it always seem when something comes another goes?
And, where the wind blows nobody knows?
Is it going to the East or to the West, way up North or flying south?
Just like this breath of Life flowing out of my mouth.
This spirit flowing and flying around, me swaying and moving, yet sturdy like a tree.
My roots are strong and growing deeper.
In this Life, I'm still a keeper!
Selah
But why does it always seem when something comes another goes?
Where this wind is blowing nobody knows.
Not me or any sturdy rooted tree.
But we sway with the flow of this moving wind, even our roots entwined within.
Lean to the East and to the West, to the North and to the South, where ever it flows best.
Just take it day by day and go slow.
Selah
But when one thing comes and another goes, and where the wind blows nobody knows...
help me keep my roots growing strong so my bearings don't break,
and they keep growing long.
Prune me! Clean me! Let the dead branches fly...
off with the winds the ones that die!
I must keep my roots watered and nourished so I stay alive,
and not a tree that withers and dies.

Written by Jade N.Ciccone
February 2011

John 3:8 (Whole Chapter)
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit


Matthew 21:19 (Whole Chapter)
And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

Matthew 21:20 (Whole Chapter)
And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

Mark 11:21 (Whole Chapter)
And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away
.

No comments:

Post a Comment